incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept JCR for Incubation
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:54:08 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> This is an open source project. You want something? roll your sleeves
> and get your hands dirty.

that's what I am currently doing by helping to organize "OSCOM 4 with
Apache Track" in order to bring these people together, which often
don't crossread mailinglists, but don't mind drinking whatsoever together.

>>> 1.5. Identify the initial set of committers
>>

>> would it be possible to include one or two Lenya committers as
>> inittial committers? (I am not talking of myself, but rather of Rolf
>> and Andreas
>> which certainly have the capability to help on coding, etc.)
>

> Michi, this is not a "design by committee" thing. If Rolf or Andreas
> want to help out, they are welcome to do so, or you for that matter,
> but creating artificial liaisons between project when you appoint
> somebody because it's a committer of another project is just wrong.

I know that and it wasn't my intention. It just seems to me that many of
the Lenya devs haven't been aware of this proposal (at least myself) or
didn't dare to ask. But yes, they should speak for themselves if they
want to.

--
Michael Wechner