incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept JCR for Incubation
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:47:03 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Do you think it would make sense to make a session on this at "OSCOM 4
> with Apache Track" or is it too early?
 >
> It think there are some other CMS interested in this, e.g.
> OpenCMS, MMBase, Cofax, Magnolia, etc. which are all Java based systems.
>
> Beside that I think it would make sense to open up JCR also for other
> programming languages since there are actually more non-Java based CMS
> out there than Java based ones. That doesn't mean one has to do it
> right from the beginning, but at least keep it in mind.

This is an open source project. You want something? roll your sleeves
and get your hands dirty.

>> 1.5. Identify the initial set of committers
>
> would it be possible to include one or two Lenya committers as inittial
> committers? (I am not talking of myself, but rather of Rolf and Andreas
> which certainly have the capability to help on coding, etc.)

Michi, this is not a "design by committee" thing. If Rolf or Andreas
want to help out, they are welcome to do so, or you for that matter, but
creating artificial liaisons between project when you appoint somebody
because it's a committer of another project is just wrong.

--
Stefano.