incubator-general mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@ibatis.com>
Subject Incubation of iBATIS Data Mapper
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 01:11:07 GMT
iBATIS is a unique framework for mapping objects to database queries. Many agree that iBATIS
is simpler and more flexible than object relational mapping tools, and is particular good
with complex databases. The Java framework <http://www.ibatis.com> is freely distributed,
ASF licensed, open source software that has grown significantly over the last two years.
Recently a .NET version was started and is nearing a 1.0 release <http://sf.net/projects/ibatisnet>.
The iBATIS team has expanded from a single developer to a team of six developers. The development
team and the iBATIS community have indicated that we would like to apply to the Apache Software
Foundation for incubation, to help encourage and ensure the growth of our community.

If the response to this suggestion is positive, we would like to draft a proposal on the Incubator
Wiki, as other candidates have done.

-- Clinton Begin, on behalf of Team iBATIS.