incubator-general mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: eager to join ASF(Remoting technology in JAVA as in .NET)
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:29:17 GMT

>Hello To All
> I am a soft engineer in China, I have known your foundation and used your projects for
some years, I am eager to take part in the ASF. I had learnt the .NET framework.I compared
it with Java, I find the .NET remoting technology is very powerful, but I can not find any
technology instead of it in java. So I once attempt to implement the technology in java. Now
I had made some headway,I am very happy. So I want to contribute it and expect somebody to
perfect it with me. I think it is a good idea to let it become your incubator projects. but
as you know, my English is poor, it is not easy to communicate with you. I try to learn the
rules how can I join the ASF via your web site, but until now, I have not ravel it, I am crazy
by my poor English. So I have to write the mail, I want your helps! If you are interested
in it, please contact with me!!!!

The best thing is to read the contribution guides of the different
projects. You can start by sending patches, translating documents or
reporting bugs in the projects that you are interested into.

Then, when you get more familiar with the ASF procedures, you can be
nominated committer. This is mostly how it goes.

Regards
Santiago