incubator-general mailing list archives

From "J Aaron Farr" <fa...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Incubation of iBATIS Data Mapper
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:03:22 GMT

+1 to iBatis incubation.  I'd love to join in.

As for TLP vs db.apache.org, it probably belongs as a TLP.

We're seeing a general explosion of new TLP's in Apache or subprojects
graduating to TLP level. IMHO at some point we're going to reach a
critical mass where it will no longer be very feasible for the Board to
directly handle so many TLP's.  I believe the XML group is on to something
with the project federation idea.  Maybe there needs to be a DB federation
instead of or in addition to the DB TLP?

Just my $0.02

jaaron