incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept JCR for Incubation
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:57:19 GMT
On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 17:16, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Do you think it would make sense to make a session on this at "OSCOM 4
> with Apache Track" or is it too early?
>
> It think there are some other CMS interested in this, e.g.
> OpenCMS, MMBase, Cofax, Magnolia, etc. which are all Java based systems.
>
> Beside that I think it would make sense to open up JCR also for other
> programming languages since there are actually more non-Java based CMS
> out there than Java based ones. That doesn't mean one has to do it
> right from the beginning, but at least keep it in mind.
>

> > 1.5. Identify the initial set of committers
>

> would it be possible to include one or two Lenya committers as inittial
> committers? (I am not talking of myself, but rather of Rolf and Andreas
> which certainly have the capability to help on coding, etc.)

I think we should use the normal ASF philosophy to get invloved into the
project. Be it as user, developer (after having submitted patches) or
not at all. I think that would also be best for the upcoming JCR
community for several reasons.

However, I wish the JCR team and project a good start and I'm really
looking forward to it.

--
Rolf Kulemann