incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Making Daffodil Replicator an Open Source : Suggestion
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:17:32 GMT
A general comment:

Whether any developer are paid or not is really immaterial to
us; in fact, I would say, quite simply, that the ASF doesn't
care at all.

The ASF is focused on the efforts of *individual volunteer
committers*. *People* are granted committer (and membership)
status based on their individual contributions. Whether
it is from work they do themselves or "donated" to the
ASF from work they do for pay is something that we
really don't care about. We *do* expect that if they
commit/donate code that they have the legal authority
to do so, and that is explicit in the CLA.