incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kucka...@ping.de>
Subject Re: DB PMC has voted to sponsor Derby
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 21:06:50 GMT
      For those who are interested in Derby / Cloudscape:

      IBM Donates Cloudscape to Apache Foundation & MS's Patent Purpose

 It seems to be big:

"IBM estimated the value of its contribution to be about $85 million"

Andreas

----- Original Message -----
From: "John McNally" <jmcnally@apache.org>
To: <general@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 2:03 AM
Subject: DB PMC has voted to sponsor Derby

> IBM has submitted a proposal to the Apache DB project for a Java-based
> package to be called 'Derby'.  The DB project has voted to sponsor Derby
> through the incubator, so the incubator can go ahead and start setting
> up the infrastructure to accommodate the mailing lists, codebase, and
> other aspects.
>
> The attached proposal asks that a derby-dev@incubator.apache.org list and cvs
module incubator-derby be created.  I would suggest derby-dev@db.apache.org,
unless that conflicts with current incubator policy.  There is also some
discussion indicating Derby may wish to use subversion instead of cvs.  Since
cvs module setup is sometimes delegated to the sponsoring PMC, I will make sure
this is clarified before that step is taken.  But please proceed with the
preparations for Derby's incubation.