incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal: modify incubation application process to require a reference to the code itself
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:08:31 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>

>> In walking through the incubation documents (helping a couple of
>> groups who have asked me about how to do this) it struck me that there
>> was no requirement that the proposal provide a link to download and
>> evaluate the code around which a project is being proposed - in fact
>> it appears the code itself could be kept secret until project
>> acceptance into the incubator.

Another thought:

What if a company considers to introduce an open source strategy,
but the decision depends on whether the code is accepted as an
Apache project or not? I think they will avoid showing the code
before the project is accepted or rejected.

I'm not experienced when it comes to these things, I hope you
tolerate my silly statements and maybe I can even learn
something :)

-- Andreas