incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Donation of jlibtool?
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 04:57:35 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Would you mind checking it into CVS?  ;-)
> Don't believe I have access.  And, if I don't, I don't want it.  ;-)

Too bad.  ;-)  Someone from every PMC should.  As of now, all PMC Chairs do.
That includes you.

> > By the way, the "....-..-.." are supposed to be replaced by dates.  Was
> > that not clear?  We'd like the form to be easy and clear.
> Not really.  I was expecting that you (or someone on the PMC) would
> acknowledge the dates that these were received.  Usually, that's how
> I've seen forms like this work...

Except that the PMC wanting to import the IP, in this case the APR PMC, is
the one responsible for doing this, hence the karma grant.  The Incubator
provides the form, the place to keep it, and another set of eyes on the
commit notice.  Otherwise the process doesn't scale.

	--- Noel