incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Donation of jlibtool?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 04:00:06 GMT
> Shouldn't this be on the website?

It will be when we rebuild the site, but it really exists to be checked into
CVS.

> Anyway, here ya go...

Would you mind checking it into CVS?  ;-)

By the way, the "....-..-.." are supposed to be replaced by dates.  Was that
not clear?  We'd like the form to be easy and clear.

> Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the
> ASF been received.

> (If there are forms, please let me know what I'd need to fill out.)

That would be a Software Grant
(http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt), which appears to be the
one piece of additional documentation asked for.

And before you ask, no IANAL and cannot explain the borderline between when
a CLA covers a contribution and when a Software Grant is necessary.  In this
case, since the IP is owned by you individually, not another entity or
group, a Software Grant may not necessary.  This is an area I'd like to see
clarified, myself.

	--- Noel