incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Personal attacks and respect
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:32:20 GMT
On 08 Jul 2004, at 18:38, Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Brian McCallister wrote:
>> As an innocent bystander of the flamewar that spawned this email:
>> Nicola commented on some technical changes, it started deteriorating
>> into shed painting, Nicola posted an email on de-escalating conflict
>> in  technical discussions, then Stephen attacked Nicola directly for
>> some  as-yet-unspecified ("you know why, Nicola") historical reason
>> that  Nicola is not allowed to suggest ways to de-escalate conflict.
>
> Actually - what I said was that
>
>  "Nicola is 100% familiar with the reasons why he is
>  the last person on the planet to assume any authority
>  on [the subject of deescalation]"
>
> I would call that more of an "observation" rather than an "attack".
> I'm confident Nicola understands and appreciates that distinction.

Please, not here. I'm quite confident that a good portion of the
inhabitants of this list doesn't care much about who is going to "win"
this flamefest. At least I am not, and I can imagine that neither
general@ nor pmc@i.a.o are to be bothered with thread fallout debris
like this. It ain't fun nor educating to watch.

Oh: I'm not taking sides... *shrug*.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org