incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Personal attacks and respect
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:12:21 GMT
As an innocent bystander of the flamewar that spawned this email:

Nicola commented on some technical changes, it started deteriorating
into shed painting, Nicola posted an email on de-escalating conflict in
technical discussions, then Stephen attacked Nicola directly for some
as-yet-unspecified ("you know why, Nicola") historical reason that
Nicola is not allowed to suggest ways to de-escalate conflict.

 From there things went ballistic (the technical discussion wrapped up
quickly and happily) in personal attacks and slanders and the
discussion was suggested to move here.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=directory-
dev@incubator.apache.org&by=thread&from=815543
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=directory-
dev@incubator.apache.org&by=thread&from=817324
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=directory-
dev@incubator.apache.org&by=thread&from=816749

I suggest avoiding argumentum ad hominem in technical discussions. It
benefits no one, is logically invalid, and plays havoc on communities
=)

-Brian