incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject RE: Donation of jlibtool?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:58:35 GMT
--On Tuesday, July 6, 2004 12:00 AM -0400 "Noel J. Bergman"
<noel@devtech.com> wrote:

> Would you mind checking it into CVS?  ;-)

Don't believe I have access.  And, if I don't, I don't want it.  ;-)

> By the way, the "....-..-.." are supposed to be replaced by dates.  Was
> that not clear?  We'd like the form to be easy and clear.

Not really.  I was expecting that you (or someone on the PMC) would
acknowledge the dates that these were received.  Usually, that's how I've
seen forms like this work...

> That would be a Software Grant
> (http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt), which appears to be
> the one piece of additional documentation asked for.
>
> And before you ask, no IANAL and cannot explain the borderline between
> when a CLA covers a contribution and when a Software Grant is necessary.
> In this case, since the IP is owned by you individually, not another
> entity or group, a Software Grant may not necessary.  This is an area I'd
> like to see clarified, myself.

Fair enough.

I'll fill it out and fax it to Jim either today or tomorrow.  -- justin