incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [STATUS] (incubator) Wed Jul 21 23:45:19 EDT 2004
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:54:11 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:50 PM:

>> Can we drop off this posting of a status file that is not and AFAIK
>> will not be very live?
>
> I've been meaning to find and fix it.  Why was this process started
> in the first place?

I thought the idea was that *if* we were keeping the STATUS file up
to date in http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/STATUS?view=markup,
then Ken's cron job would just keep letting everyone know what the
latest status is.

So, I guess we should either overhaul this doc and use it to keep
track of the latest incubator policies/issues that we are working on,
or we should just remove the file ask Ken to stop having the email
sent out....or both.

Personally, I think that even if we decide to overhaul it now, there's
a good chance it will get out of date again in the future, and then
we'll be back to sending out inaccurate info.  I think this could be
very confusing to new people to the Incubator who assume that the
mail must be timely or it wouldn't be sent out (not realizing it is
a automated process of a possibly stale document).

Cliff