incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject RE: Donation of jlibtool?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 03:19:48 GMT
--On Monday, July 5, 2004 10:56 PM -0400 "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
wrote:

> Please see ip-clearance-template.cwiki under site/projects in the incubator
> module.

Shouldn't this be on the website?  Anyway, here ya go...  -- justin

!!! jlibtool Codebase IP Clearance Status

!!! Description

A C-based replacement for libtool.  One C file intended to be dropped
in to the repository.  The last version I created is at:

http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/jlibtool.c

!!! Project info

* Which PMC will be responsible for the code

APR

* Into which existing project/module

apr CVS repository under the build/ directory.

'' Completed tasks are shown by the completion date (YYYY-MM-dd). ''

! Identify the codebase

|| date || item
| ....-..-.. | If applicable, make sure that any associated name does not
already exist and check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not
already trademarked for an existing software product.

(I believe this to be the case.)

! Copyright

|| date || item
| ....-..-.. | Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the
ASF been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the package,
the core code, and any new code produced by the project.
| ....-..-.. | Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have
been updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.

(If there are forms, please let me know what I'd need to fill out.)

! Verify distribution rights

|| date || item
| ....-..-.. | Check that all active committers have a signed CLA on record.

Yes, I have a signed CLA on record.

| ....-..-.. | Remind active committers that they are responsible for ensuring
that a Corporate CLA is recorded if such is is required to authorize their
contributions under their individual CLA.

A corporate CLA is not required for this contribution.

| ....-..-.. | Check and make sure that for all items included with the
distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right to
combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute.

The code was originally under the Apache 1.1 license - but am willing to
relicense my contributions under ALv2 or transfer copyright to the ASF.

| ....-..-.. | Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the project
is covered by one or more of the following approved licenses:  Apache, BSD,
Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially the same
terms.

jlibtool has no external dependencies.

Generally, the result of checking off these items will be a Software Grant,
CLA, and Corporate CLA for ASF licensed code, which must have no dependencies
upon items whose licenses that are incompatible with the Apache License.

! Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project

* Has the receiving PMC voted to accept it?

Yes, via dev@apr.