incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Personal attacks and respect
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:54:31 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>>> unnecessary and unwarranted disruption of an incubator project
>>

>> Let it go.  No one other than you is characterizing it that way.  Just
>> let
>> it go.
>

> I let it go for three months and now I'm seeing the consequences on not
> speaking up earlier.  If people here think it is appropriate I can move
> the discussion to community@apache.org - but frankly, I think it is more
> appropriate that this issue is dealt with here.  Either way, the
> question of "mentor" responsibility and accountability will be raised.

I would like to retract my comments above.

Basically I'm digging a hole for myself and dragging Nicola in with me.
   Nicola - I want to apologize to you for that.  You and I still need
to talk because knowingly or not your causing me grief and making life
difficult for an entire project.  As for the above - I'm not interested
in raising discussion on community@apache - I'm not even keen on the
discussion here.  All I really want to do is to get you to recognize
that your public call for the death of a particular Apache project has
caused damage and unnecessary time from a number of different people who
care about the project in question.  On the other-hand I can't stand
here are say that you don't have the right to say what you think.

To everyone else - at the end of the day I know I'm simply using the
question of mentor as leverage.  Bottom line - that makes me not a very
good Apache citizen and that's creating a situation in which I feel very
uncomfortable.  Maybe Ken's right and all I need is a good smack around
the head.  Even so - I want to say sorry to everyone here - in
particular - Noel - you don't need this more than anyone.

Steve.