incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject [proposal] Lenya exiting Incubation
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:27:21 GMT
I would like to start discussing the fact that Lenya is, IMO, mature,
diverse and integrated enough with the ASF substrate enough to exit

My reasons are:

  1) wyona developers are no longer the unique driving development force
of the project

  2) communication happens entirely on the mail list

  3) there are no legal/social issues and have been so for a while.

  4) the new non-wyona committers are very well integrated in both the
community and in respet of the ASF practices that were imposed on them.
(a lot better than me, I have to say!)

  5) but, more than anything, I think that, as a mentor, I have nothing
else to say.

My proposal for lenya would be to exit incubation with its own top level
project. The reason for this follow the same reasoning for Forrest: the
cocoon dependency is a technical one, but not exactly a social one and
it would feel wrong to have one PMC controlling both cocoon and lenya
because it would clearly be divided into two separate groups with little

View raw message