incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Personal attacks and respect
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:38:33 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:
> As an innocent bystander of the flamewar that spawned this email:
>
> Nicola commented on some technical changes, it started deteriorating
> into shed painting, Nicola posted an email on de-escalating conflict in
> technical discussions, then Stephen attacked Nicola directly for some
> as-yet-unspecified ("you know why, Nicola") historical reason that
> Nicola is not allowed to suggest ways to de-escalate conflict.

Actually - what I said was that

  "Nicola is 100% familiar with the reasons why he is
  the last person on the planet to assume any authority
  on [the subject of deescalation]"

I would call that more of an "observation" rather than an "attack". I'm
confident Nicola understands and appreciates that distinction.

Cheers, Steve.