incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: proposal: modify incubation application process to require a reference to the code itself
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:25:01 GMT
"Andreas Hartmann" <andreas@apache.org> writes:
> Another thought:
>
> What if a company considers to introduce an open source strategy,
> but the decision depends on whether the code is accepted as an
> Apache project or not? I think they will avoid showing the code
> before the project is accepted or rejected.

Given that there are many places where one can start an open source
project, IMO it makes perfect sense for Apache to have a higher
standard. If the company's strategy question is whether to open source
or not, then if the decision depends on acceptance to Apache then I'd
say we're better off without it!

Sanjiva.