incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:28:54 GMT
Tim O'Brien wrote:
> Marinschek Martin wrote:
> > Our project would like to be part of the Jakarta-Family and
> > is looking for someone interested to be the mentor for it...
> > I am talking of MyFaces, currently hosted at sourceforge.net,
> > which is an approach to an open-source implementation of the
> > Java Server Faces Spec.
> >
> > We currently have 17 team members, and probably around 12 are
> > actively involved in the project.
>
> I'm fairly certain there is sufficient interest for this

I would hope so, too.  Anyone interested should say so, and I'm bcc'ing (for
their privacy) a few people who might specifically have interest.

The http://www.myfaces.org/ describes the project in detail.

> MyFaces is currently licensed under an LGPL license, and the copyright
> holder is the MyFaces Team.  My understanding is that a copyright holder
> can modify a license.

When LDAPd came over, the team members each gave public e-mail approval for
a team leader to sign the Software Grant on behalf of them all.  They also
each submitted CLAs in order to gain Committer status here.

	--- Noel