incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:23:35 GMT
On Friday, June 11, 2004, at 04:01  AM, Leo Simons wrote:

> [is the rule that a project just needs 3 independent committers, or is
> there an additional rule that no more than 50% of the committers must
> be part of a single company?]
>
> IIRC that 50% rule applies, but IANAL. Roy, Nicola?

I have no idea where that 50% stuff came from.  The goal of having at
least three independent members of the project PMC (*committers* has no
decison-making role in the foundation, even when committers == PMC)
is to make sure someone is able to veto stuff that would get
us in trouble.  50% would be nice, but not necessary unless we are
talking about the ASF board.

I don't know if this should even apply to code that is being
inserted into an existing project.

....Roy