incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: incubator/site/projects xmlbeans.cwiki
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:18:30 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote on Monday, June 28, 2004 10:53 PM:

> Cliff,
>
> I'm not sure we want to delete all the content.  Just move it to the
> successful part of the projects page, and leave the content as a
> record of what had happened.  Mind you, nothing is lost, since the
> page is maintained in source control if people want to see the
> history.

Your last point is exactly why I thought it would be okay to get
rid of the long check list on the page.  I just thought that if
someone stumbled upon the web page, that it should be very clear
about it no longer being an active page and that they should go
to the project web site.

However, I don't really feel that strongly about it.  I can
restore the content.  I'll try to find a way to highlight the
fact that it is no longer an active page.

Another question is whether we want successfully incubated
projects to still be listed under the Projects tab?  If so, the
tab will eventually get pretty long; if not, would removing a
project from the tab (from site.xml) lead to other consequences,
such as not being able to link to the status page from the
"Successfully Incubated" projects table?

BTW, in doing these changes (xmlbeans move and beehive addition),
I noticed the Geronimo page was getting a 404.  See the link
from http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html.  After
rebuilding the site, it worked fine on my machine.  So, once the
new check-in to incubator-site goes live, I think the 404 will
be fixed.  I didn't originally move geronimo because I wasn't
sure what was going on with the 404, but if it is all back and
working again I can take care of that at the same time I roll
back the xmlbeans status page.

Cliff