incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: The 50% Rule (was RE: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release)
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:01:40 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote on Monday, June 14, 2004 11:46 PM:

>> 6 BEA-employed committers + 5 independent committers
>
>> I think there is definitely sufficient community interest to keep the
>> project going; however, it would probably move a lot slower if BEA
>> were to drop XMLBeans today.
>
> Understanding that "BEA has absolutely no intention of dropping
> support of the XMLBeans project", do you feel that XMLBeans is ready
> to leave the Incubator, or would it benefit from further stay?

I think XMLBeans is ready to leave the Incubator.

> How do others in the community feel?

They seem to agree (mostly non-BEA folks, many non-committers, plus
our mentor and sponsor):
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&by=thread&from=803501

Noel,

Based on this feedback, what would you suggest be the next steps?
Should I call a vote of the XMLBeans PPMC for graduation on the
incubator list as Geronimo did last month?  Should any other steps
be taken first?

Thanks,
Cliff