incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: The 50% Rule
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:41:39 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>>IMO, there ought to be a sufficient independent community such that
>>>if commercial interests drop out, the project can continue.
>>
>>And the creation of such a community should be a key goal in
>>the incubation.
>
> As I see it, that is part of the definition of a healthy community, which is
> one of the two primary goals for incubation, the other being IP clearance.

I agree. The whole point is that we explain what is "healthy", right?
Shall we change the policy docs then?

Instead of

   "No single organization supplies more than 50% of the active
    committers (must be at least 3 independent committers)"

we make that

   "The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor
    (there's several legally independent committers and there is
    no single company or entity that is vital to the success of the
    project)"

it makes more sense to me to say what we mean to say.

cheers,

- Leo