incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Releasing Lenya 1.2
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:36:59 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>

>>Noel J. Bergman asked:
>>

>>>What is the current status of the IP and community?  What is keeping
>>>Lenya in incubation?
>>>

>>Good question, afaics nothing since Lenya full fills all incubation
>>rules BUT the u2date status file :)
>>
>>I think after the 1.2 release (still under incubation) we should focus
>>on actions to exit incubation.
>>

>As you'll see from my much longer response to Steven, I'm wondering why
>there should be a release during Incubation, rather than focus the energy on
>getting Lenya out of the Incubator.

the question is how do we attract more developers.
I don't think there is just a "brute force" method there ;-)

The more people are using Lenya, the better are the changes that some
people are really starting to contribute.

Also important is that Wyona needs to lean a bit back and transfer
responsibilities
to other people. I think Wyona does that, but it takes a certain amount
of time
and needs patience.

So there is certainly a connection between incubation and an actual
release, but
on the other hand the release (code base and it's users) don't have anything
to do with the incubation.

But what is unclear to me: Why shouldn't there be a release during
incubation?

Thanks

Michi

>  I see Leo Simons also asking the