incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:01:06 GMT
[is the rule that a project just needs 3 independent committers, or is
there an additional rule that no more than 50% of the committers must be
part of a single company?]

IIRC that 50% rule applies, but IANAL. Roy, Nicola?

Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 12:11, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>>5 active from wyona: edith, egli, andreas, michi, gregor
>>
>>and 3 others: thorsten, roku, dale
>>
>>total: 8
>>
>>5/8 = 62.5%
>>
>>which means we need 3 more commiters to exit incubation.

I'm not a math major, but I think 5 people comprising 50% means that you
need a total of 10, which you can get by adding 2 (not 3) to 8 :-D

Regardless, what an annoying rule, eh? Law sucks :-D

cheers,

- Leo