incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] incubation time
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:19:56 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi gang!
>
> Some Stats
> ----------
> Taking a look at
>
>     http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
>
> we have 12 projects under incubation (listed as 13 but geronimo info
> needs updating).

FtpServer incubation is not going well, as it has IMHO completely failed
to incubate, as it has only one developer that seems inactive. If things
do not change around it, I doubt it will move from where it is now.

Apart Lenya, who will graduate soon, all the following have the same
problem: still too small or committers from the same company (maybe
WSRP4J has the same issue, dunno).

- AltRMI
- Depot
- WSRP4J
- XMLBeans

AltRMI developer know well Apache, and are definitely able to get the
Apache way. Same goes for Depot ones, and I'm quite confident that
XMLBeans is going on along well.

Is that we are wrongly accepting projects that do not have a
sufficiently big community? IOW, should we only accept projects the
community size/diversity of which we would deem ok for graduation (as it
has been IIRC always for Jakarta subprojects)?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -