incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: Releasing Lenya 1.2
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:51:31 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>
>>> After the vote we have to do many more things like doing the incubator
>>> request. It would be fine if someone can give me a hint how the requests
>>> for endorsement and release should look like.
>
> Eh, good question, I've never done it before. Let's ask the incubator PMC.

(lets try and keep everything incubator-related that doesn't need to be
private on general@incubator...follow-up there pleez!)

See:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exitting+the+Incubator

In summary:

* make sure the incubator statusfile for lenya is up-to-date and all
   bullets checked;

* lenya people ask incubator pmc to vote on incubator sign-off on
   general@incubator after gaining internal consensus they're done
   incubating;

* if incubator pmc agrees everything is done, lenya and cocoon are
   notified and take care of all the relevant details (like moving
   the incubator status file to the appropriate location, updating
   website, filing infrastructure requests, etc).

besides the incubator policy docs, you can see application of them to
several projects in the general@incubator mailing list archives.

cheers!

- LSD