incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Marinschek Martin" <Martin.Marinsc...@oekb.at>
Subject RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 21:49:38 GMT
Ok, I have started filling out the proposal and requested some help from the other MyFaces-members,
maybe we will need some more time to polish it up, but it should be not too bad at the moment;
however, I have left out the technical stuff so far.

Another question: The release policy is causing me headaches - as soon as we enter incubation,
we are not allowed to release anymore except on "permission"; but our policy has always been
to release early and often - what could we do about that, given that incubation time could
last for some time and we had two releases (1.0.3 and 1.0.4) last month? Would that permission
be a thing we would have to fight for or almost a "granted right" ;) - if we otherwise keep
to the rules? If it is not, I am sure there will be some frictions coming up...

Best regards,

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Noel J. Bergman [mailto:noel@devtech.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 8:40 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?

Martin,

Please see http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BeehiveProposal as a model, and prepare a similar
one for MyFaces.  It appears that there is sufficient interest, and I am prepared to call
for a vote to incubate it.

I've created an outline page for you to start: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/MyFacesProposal

Existing ASF Committers interested in participating, please add yourselves down in the sponsoring
area, just to register your interest in helping.

	--- Noel