incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Marinschek Martin" <Martin.Marinsc...@oekb.at>
Subject RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:45:56 GMT
Ok, it's good that we don't have to switch to Maven - I think we would need some time to set
that up...

If we have to move bug/issue-tracker, mailing lists... what about the existing issues, bugs
and mails? There is quite some amount in the systems, is there some easy way you guys know
of the get them over from sourceforge to the respective tools used for that by the ASF?

Or is the recommended thing to do to drive in parallel for some time?

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Noel J. Bergman [mailto:noel@devtech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 7:21 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?

James Holmes wrote:
> My guess is that it would be best served as a sub-project of Jakarta

Well, I think that Jakarta has enough on its plate, and wouldn't necessarily favor adding
a cohesive community into that maelstrom.  But that is something that can be determined later,
when the project is ready to leave the Incubator.

> are all we waiting on is a formal license adoption from all of the
> current MyFaces committers to get started?

They are voting on that, but we (the Incubator PMC) will also need to hold a vote to accept
the project for Incubation, now that we can see clear interest from multiple ASF folks willing
to help.

Martin Marinschek wrote:
> Another question - what do we have to change regarding project
> infrastructure to enter the incubator/ and later to be a project? Do
> we have to embrace Maven or can we somehow ship around this?

The project's infrastructure (lists, source control, issue tracking) would be moved to the
ASF.  No, you do not have to embrace Maven.  Ant, which you seem to be using, is just fine.

	--- Noel