incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Marinschek Martin" <Martin.Marinsc...@oekb.at>
Subject RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:59:40 GMT
Ok,

As to tell you the current state and final result - I believe that all project members who
have ever committed source-code have voted, but we will check that once more (just to be completely
assured), I have counted 9 positive votes, and 1 reluctant neutral one, so we should be all
set.

So I would say it is your go for voting and (if deciding positively) setting up the PPMC now,
dear maybe-incubators ;)

Best regards,

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Noel J. Bergman [mailto:noel@devtech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 7:55 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?

> we will need some help - I guess the project mentor would be there to
> do exactly that.

We setup something called a PPMC, and there will be ASF folks helping you to adjust and become
attuned to how things work in the ASF.  :-)

> regarding to infrastructure - it would be great to be able to shift
> slowly, but I don't know if we have to do that before Incubation, or
> if it can happen during Incubation?!

You don't need to move everything at once.  Some things could come later than others.  First
priority would be your developer mailing list and CVS, IMO.

> If we have to move bug/issue-tracker, mailing lists... what about the
> existing issues, bugs and mails? There is quite some amount in the
> systems, is there some easy way you guys know of the get them over
> from sourceforge to the respective tools used for that by the ASF?

Several projects have moved their infrastructure without too much hassle. I'm not sure what
can be done about moving issues.  Moving the CVS modules is both important and fairly straightforward,
IIRC.  Given a list of people, we technically could subscribe them, but a general mail administration
policy is that people should re-subscribe themselves, so that no one can claim that they were
involuntarily subscribed (i.e., spammed).

	--- Noel