incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Marinschek Martin" <Martin.Marinsc...@oekb.at>
Subject RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:01:20 GMT
I reread the article (I did skim it once when I first noticed the Incubator project) and I
think I understand the basic principles.

Still, we will need some help - I guess the project mentor would be there to do exactly that.

And regarding to infrastructure - it would be great to be able to shift slowly, but I don't
know if we have to do that before Incubation, or if it can happen during Incubation?!

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim O'Brien [mailto:tobrien@discursive.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 5:18 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?

Martin,

Sorry if the reply is redundant.  In general, you will find a number of opinions on the topic
of infrastructure.  I have generally found that the ASF adapts to the needs of individual
projects - some projects use Subversion and some projects use CVS.  Similarly, some projects
use Jira and some projects use Bugzilla.  It should just be clear that no one is going to
mandate any particular technology; instead, there are general practices which will make integration
with the larger ASF community easier.

Also, people are going to start throwing around terms like PMC and TLP, I'd recommend taking
some time to read: http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html.  This will go a long
way to demystify the ASF and the Incubator.

Tim O'Brien