incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Marinschek Martin" <Martin.Marinsc...@oekb.at>
Subject RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:18:12 GMT
Fine to hear that some interest is there!

I am sure that we can handle the license-issue somehow, as soon as this is necessary.

Best regards,

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Noel J. Bergman [mailto:noel@devtech.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 12:29 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org; Marinschek Martin
Subject: RE: Anyone wants to incubate MyFaces?

Tim O'Brien wrote:
> Marinschek Martin wrote:
> > Our project would like to be part of the Jakarta-Family and is
> > looking for someone interested to be the mentor for it... I am
> > talking of MyFaces, currently hosted at sourceforge.net, which is an
> > approach to an open-source implementation of the Java Server Faces
> > Spec.
> >
> > We currently have 17 team members, and probably around 12 are
> > actively involved in the project.
>
> I'm fairly certain there is sufficient interest for this

I would hope so, too.  Anyone interested should say so, and I'm bcc'ing (for their privacy)
a few people who might specifically have interest.

The http://www.myfaces.org/ describes the project in detail.

> MyFaces is currently licensed under an LGPL license, and the copyright
> holder is the MyFaces Team.  My understanding is that a copyright
> holder can modify a license.

When LDAPd came over, the team members each gave public e-mail approval for a team leader
to sign the Software Grant on behalf of them all.  They also each submitted CLAs in order
to gain Committer status here.

	--- Noel