incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kucka...@ping.de>
Subject Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:40:24 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> why is there an "urgent need for release"?  And
> why release first, exit later?  Why not get
> cleaned up, exit and then have a real release?  Personally, I suspect that
> the "ability" to do the aforementioned "releases" has been a factor
> underlying the lack of impetus within Lenya to get clean and exit.

Those who have followed the debate on lenya-dev list know that the developers
want to release the code to be able to strengthen the community.

If there are any objections to the release of Lenya 1.2 based on the code
quality or based on legal reasons etc. then please state them now.

I think that it should be the task of the Apache Incubator to help exiting the
incubator. It should not try to artificially block releases.

Andreas