incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Quinlan <quin...@pathname.com>
Subject Re: contributions and CLAs
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 06:15:23 GMT
Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> writes:

> CLAs are not required for each bug fix.  They are required for
> substantial contributors over a period of time, i.e., committers.

Many of our contributions aren't bug fixes or patches, but new rules
(some are rather large sets of rules) which could be considered to be
original works and not derivative works.

> The names on the following list that are in italics are the committers
> who have signed CLAs on file:

Yes, we really need to know the CLA status for people who are making
significant contributions that are not derivative and who are not
committers.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan                     anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux,
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/    and open source consulting