incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcus Schie├čer <marcus_schies...@web.de>
Subject RE: PROJECT DONATION PROPOSAL: RAD system for internet applications
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 09:40:19 GMT
Hi Cliff,

thanks for your detailed information. It seems, that I need some kind of
sponsor? How are they, how do I get one?

Thanks,

Marcus

-----Original Message-----
From: cliff@bea.com [mailto:cliff@bea.com]
Sent: Sonntag, 2. Mai 2004 21:43
To: general@incubator.apache.org; ms@unc.de
Subject: RE: PROJECT DONATION PROPOSAL: RAD system for internet applications

Hi Marcus,

Here are a few ideas on how to proceed with your proposal:

1. Read http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html,
particularly the "Proposal" section.

2. While that policy document is very useful, it unfortunately
does not yet provide a short list of what should be in your proposal
(we should fix that).  Here's another document that discusses
what the Jakarta project likes to see in proposals.  This
outline has been used by many projects outside Jakarta as well:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/newproject.html

3. If you want to see examples of what others have done, see:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheDirectoryProject
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JaxMeProposal
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryProposal
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?XmlBeansProposal

4. Aside from the formalities of writing and sending in a
proposal, you also want to see which other Apache projects
might find this interesting.  Sending to this list is a start,
but you might also want to try the Portals project:
- http://portals.apache.org
- post to general at portals.apache.org.

or the DB/Objectbridge project:
- http://db.apache.org/ojb/
- post to obj-dev at db.apache.org

There are probably other projects that might find it
interesting as well.

I hope you find these resources helpful.  Once you've had a
chance to check them out, please feel free to post back to
this list with any questions.

Cliff