incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: moving JAM to org.apache.jam
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 15:59:30 GMT
Patrick,

I have heard a lot of good things about JAM, but have not looked at it
yet.  In Geronimo we would like to offer support for annotations in the
GBean service layer, but that would mean using a 1.5 VM.  I don't see
us raising the minimum required VM to 1.5 until J2EE 1.5 comes out
(2007-2008?).  I only see this desire to use an annotation like system
expanding as more users adopt java 1.5, so if JAM can provide an
upgrade path I for one would be very interested.

BTW where is the current documentation for JAM?  The links on
http://www.pcal.net/jam don't seem to be valid anymore.

-dain