incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Beehive
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 13:53:58 GMT
On 17 May 2004, at 09:21, Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> I would like to propose a new Apache project named Beehive.
> The proposal can be found at
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BeehiveProposal.

A very well written proposal: enthusiastic +1

> Since the project is being proposed as a TLP with three subprojects,

My feeling is that we shouldn't make this part of the incubation
proposal right now, but rather keep this in mind as an "intention"
towards exit strategy. I'm not sure yet whether the split-up will be
worth the while community-wise.

> Craig McClanahan has offered to be the Champion and Mentor
> for this project (as defined in
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
> Roles_and_Responsibilities.html).
> Davanum Srinivas is also interested in the project, particularly
> with the web services component.  If this proposal is approved
> for incubation, I'd like to start a PPMC composed of these two
> Apache members, the other Beehive committers, and any Incubator
> PMC member who is interested in helping guide the project.

I'll be looking from the side as I do with XMLBeans.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org