incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate Geronimo from Incubator and recommend as top-level project
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 02:57:39 GMT

The Geronimo project has been in Incubation for almost 10 months.  In
those 10 months, the Geronimo project has developed a community,
developed a new codebase in an open and collaborative fashion,
weathered problems both internal and external, formed a functioning
group of committers to manage the day to day affairs of the project
(the PPMC), demonstrated collaboration with other OSS groups in the
enterprise software domain, and produced a milestone release of
software.

Therefore, I believe the Geronimo project has satisfied the
requirements of the Apache Incubation process, namely :

  o  does collaborative development according to the ASF's
     philosophy and guidelines

  o  has a codebase that is properly licensed, has clear
     provenance, and conforms to the ASF's legal requirements
     for contributions

Furthermore, I believe that the Incubator PMC, on behalf of the
Geronimo PPMC and the entire Geronimo community, should recommend to
the Apache Board of Directors to make the Geronimo project a top-level
Apache project.

If this pleases the chair of the Incubator PMC, I request that members
of the Geronimo PPMC (which is the Incubator PMC and the Geronimo
committers) please vote :

[ ] +1 - The Geronimo project has met the requirements
          for incubation and will be recommended to the
          board for TLP status

[ ] -1 - The Geronimo project as not met the requirements
          for incubation

This vote will run ~72 hours, closing at 23:59 EDT, Sunday May 23, 2004.

geir

geir@4quarters.com