incubator-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Calahan <p...@bea.com>
Subject Re: moving JAM to org.apache.jam
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 18:53:41 GMT

At 10:59 AM 5/21/2004 -0500, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>Patrick,
>
>I have heard a lot of good things about JAM, but have not looked at it
>yet.  In Geronimo we would like to offer support for annotations in the
>GBean service layer, but that would mean using a 1.5 VM.  I don't see us
>raising the minimum required VM to 1.5 until J2EE 1.5 comes out
>(2007-2008?).  I only see this desire to use an annotation like system
>expanding as more users adopt java 1.5, so if JAM can provide an upgrade
>path I for one would be very interested.

Right, I have exactly the same problem in xml-beans, so that is what JAM is
designed to solve.

>BTW where is the current documentation for JAM?  The links on
>http://www.pcal.net/jam don't seem to be valid anymore.

Hi Dain.  My apologies, I'm a bit still trying to get my online house in
order.  I just refreshed the docs - you can see them at

   http://www.pcal.net/jam/docs/index.html

I should have the binaries and sources available for download very soon as
well.

Thanks,
-p