incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Beehive
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 07:21:28 GMT
Incubator PMC folks,

I would like to propose a new Apache project named Beehive.
The proposal can be found at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BeehiveProposal.

Since the project is being proposed as a TLP with three subprojects,
I've requested that the Board consider this proposal at their next
meeting.  However, it is my understanding that the proposal should
first be voted on by the Incubator PMC.

Craig McClanahan has offered to be the Champion and Mentor
for this project (as defined in http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html).
Davanum Srinivas is also interested in the project, particularly
with the web services component.  If this proposal is approved
for incubation, I'd like to start a PPMC composed of these two
Apache members, the other Beehive committers, and any Incubator
PMC member who is interested in helping guide the project.

Please let me know if you see any issues with this proposal that
call into question whether it would be appropriate for incubation.

Thanks,
Cliff