incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: TLPs, Incubation, and the Board (was RE: [PROPOSAL] Beehive)
Date Sat, 22 May 2004 02:51:29 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> I think there are some mis-understandings.  Our documentation seriously lags
> reality (volunteers to help would be appreciated), but even so, AFAIK, you
> *never* needed to go to the Board before proposing entry to the Incubator.
> Directors might be interested, but the issue of where the podling will go is
> not a prerequisite for Incubation.

That's my understanding as well.

 From memory (and I just checked the current policy document, which
seems to match) three entities are allowed to approve a project for
incubation.

1.  The board
2.  The Incubator PMC
3.  Another PMC that will take it on post incubation.

The board was there for things like Geronimo.  But the Incubator can
approve things that don't immediately have an identified home, such as
Beehive.  (Probably TLP, but we might want to work it out as we go.)

Cheers,
	Berin