incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Beehive
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 11:16:04 GMT
+1 - with some reservations/questions.

1.  I tried to find it, but I couldn't find a definitive answer to
Noel's question RE mailing lists?  (I'd note that it is very easy to add
more mailing lists and split things out at any point - hint hint :>)

2.  We seem to be adding a *lot* of initial committers. Have all of
these people been actively involved in getting Beehive to its current
state?  I'd be a bit uncomfortable giving all these people write access
to repositories unless we have some comfort that they are actively
involved in development to date.  Or are non-involved people already
active Apache committers?

3.  I'd imagine we are going to have the same thing around BEA vs.
non-BEA involvement as with XMLBeans?  (I.e. focus on building community
outside the initial BEA startup.)

Having said the above - looks like a great idea! I also hugely
appreciate the work that went into the proposal.  It makes things much
easier to understand :>.

Cheers,
	Berin