incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Pluto
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 02:09:27 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> As far as I know, those issues are mooted.  More to the point, perhaps,
> Pluto has been adopted and integrated into the new Portals project, which is
> asking for its release, and they don't appear to have any Community
> concerns.  Do we have any questions about the TCK availability?

I suspect you are absolutely correct, and everything has been mooted or
satisfactorily resolved.  Unfortunately, I have not been even remotely
involved with Pluto, so I have to rely on STATUS to make my judgement.

As to Portals being comfortable on community - I'm of the opinion that
it is part of the Incubator responsibility to double check.  We should
be making our own judgement, not using another TLP to make a de-facto
decision for us.

After all - it's the Incubator that is supposed to be tracking the
history of incubation and ensuring concerns originally raised are
addressed, not Portals.  If it all went pear shaped, I would expect the
board to come to Incubator PMC - not Portals - to ask the serious
questions.  I would also expect Portals to be asking us questions!

At the end of the day, I'm just reluctant support something where I am
not sure of the answers.  Give me a status file that addresses the
concerns raised at the start of incubation, and I'll change to +1 with
fervor and alacrity :>.

Cheers,
	Berin