incubator-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Calahan <p...@bea.com>
Subject RE: moving JAM to org.apache.jam
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:46:07 GMT
At 01:41 AM 3/26/2004 -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>Patrick,

Hi Noel.  Thanks for the response.

>I'm replying to you on general@incubator.apache.org.  The projects@ list is
>a catchall for projects that don't have their own list, but the place where
>you want to discuss a proposal is general@.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

>You basic "service provider" approach of using an implementation-agnostic
>user side, and implementations for various meta-data implementations looks
>like a good way to address the problem.
>
>Have you approached any of the projects, such as Geronimo?  If it were

Not yet, but that seems like a good idea - will do.

>accepted into the Incubator, where would you expect the code to go

I'm not certain, but in some ways JAM like a very good fit with
Jakarta.  I'm hoping you all can help me figure out the most appropriate
trajectory for it, though.

>eventually?  And how big would you say your contributor community is today?

As I say, JAM has been spun out of my contributions to Xml-beans, and it
really doesn't yet have it's own contributor community.  Since it is in the
Xml-beans repository, in a sense all current Xml-beans committers are part
of its contributor community.

Thanks again,

-Patrick