incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: Project Documentation
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:21:43 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> My thought was something along the lines of:
>
>   /home/incubator/
>                incubator/ -- cvs co incubator
>           incubator-site/ -- cvs co incubator-site
>                  forrest/ -- our friend tool, installed
>
> That seem about right?  See ~noel/incubator for a start.  I did a cvspublic
> checkout of incubator, but incubator-site was pulled from /home/cvs, so that
> when we do the build, we can commit.  I don't have forrest installed, yet,
> but I think you get the idea.

Do we want to go via the incubator-site CVS?  We can, but it means you
can't use anonymous CVS for the co as you need to commit the changes
back in post a run.  WHich means that to automate the check-in, you need
to provide an authentication token (either an RSA id or password)
directly on the file-system.  It would be protected by file permissions,
but I always get wary.

I think that's the way forrest-bot runs, but just want to make sure
that's the way we want to do it if we are building on minotaur, where
it's easy enough to just directly copy the results of a forrest run to
the incubator web directory.

Cheers,
	Berin