incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:46:29 GMT
Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

> > Incubation is not intended to be difficult.  The Incubator's raison
d'ĂȘtre
> > is to make sure that projects are imported, while ensuring that
important
> > details have been observed.

> Yes, I can see this. Also, I am sure that such projects can also choose
> another way if there are appropriate "Less Restrictive Alternatives"

No they cannot.  The Incubator is *the* authorized path.  If there are "less
restrictive alternatives" that can be adopted, the Incubator has
demonstrated an ability to change.

> When people feel the practice of the legislation would be
> contrary to the "spirit" of the legislation

What practice?  Your message talks about legislation, arbitrators, legal
code, and other other things that have no relation to the discussion.

If you take the time to actually look at the Incubation process, you will
see that there is a minimum of rules, and an open community process.

	--- Noel