incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Learning from the facts ( Re: Undermining the Incubator )
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:24:43 GMT
Nicola Ken wrote:

> MHO is that we do not require that a project be "under" the Incubator
> urls and resources. This was said to ensure that they don't misuse the
> "regular" Apache brand, but if it remains "outside" of Apache during
> Incubation, the problem is equally solved.

Not for development.  Spam Assassin, as an example, has moved their
development / project management to the ASF infrastruture, while leaving
their main website and user mailing lists elsewhere.  No one has raised a
concern about it so far, and I personally don't have one.  The Spam Assassin
PPMC is prepared to move the rest as they prepare to leave the Incubator,
they've established a relationship with the Incubator team, and it seems a
reasonable means to incubate the development community without unduly
disrupting the user community.

	--- Noel