incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:05:16 GMT
Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

>> Incubation is not intended to be difficult.  The Incubator's raison d'ĂȘtre
>> is to make sure that projects are imported, while ensuring that important
>> details have been observed.
>
> Yes, I can see this. Also, I am sure that such projects can also choose
> another way if there are appropriate "Less Restrictive Alternatives"

in a word, no.  this is how the board has decided to handle this
issue.  no project can override the board.  only the members may.
and until that happens, things get done the way the board has
decided is policy.  period.

unless of course by 'less restrictive alternative' you mean that
they could go elsewhere than they asf.  that's always an option.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"